Home Base Holidays members in London and nearby are starting to look ahead to swaps during the 2012 Olympics. No doubt many Londoners will want to stay in the city to take in some of the events but others will be pleased to escape at a time when the city will be busier than normal.
A few samples of recent home exchange offers for the period of the Games:
- Bright, comfortable, well equipped 4 bed family house in quiet street in family neighbourhood in Highbury, Islington (in photo above). Keen on countryside / seaside swaps in Europe and UK for long weekends or longer during the rest of the year. Also open to offers of swaps for London Olympics 2012. See full home exchange offer, HE20987
- We are offering a lovely terraced Victorian house with lots of original features; five minutes walk from Alexandra Palace park, which has a huge playground, boating lake, cafe, skate park, pitch’n’putt golf, ice skating rink as well as fabulous Sunday farmer’s market and amazing views over London. We love the sea and surfing so are especially interested in exchanges with people who live on the coast. We are also keen to be out of London during the Olympics so if you are interested in swapping then, do get in touch! See full home exchange offer, HE21328.
- Beautiful 2 bed top floor apartment in a small town in the stockbroker belt on the outskirts of London. It’s the home of film, rock and football stars Chelsea FC is based there. Trains from Cobham whisk you into Central London in 39 mins, Wimbledon 19 mins. Nearby M25 London orbital is great for communications to all points, the A3 to central London in 40ish mins. Property poss available for the Olympics, some events nearby. Home Swap offer in Cobham, Surrey HE25126
- Mid Terraced Edwardian Property on 3 floors with enclosed private garden, small Art/Music studio. Within walking distance to town centre and train station. 30 mins to London and Cambridge. Home Swap offer in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, HE25018
- Our house is situated in a small cul de sac 2 minutes walk from Victoria Park Village which has many shops restaurants and cafes and is close to Victoria Park. it is a ten minute walk to the fashionable London Fields and Broadway Market, and a bus goes from the village to the Millenium Bridge which serves the Tate modern and St. Pauls. We are located close to the Olympic Park, and a new bus route now serves the route to the Olympics. Again it is a bus ride to the fashionable areas of Brick Lane, Colombia Road, Shoreditch and Hoxton. See full home exchange offer, HE24841
- Attractive 3 bedroom house, close to London and Brighton, it’s in-between both cities and easy reachable by train London 60 minutes. Willing to swap during second week of the Olympics in 2012, and we have registered for tickets. Exchange offer in Crawley, West Sussex, HE24541
Browse all London listings (or use Detailed Search to search by the key word, Olympics, to restrict the results).
See Now’s the time to plan a home exchange in London for the 2012 Olympics for links to useful information to help you plan your trip.